Roman Roads in Britain Paperback / softback
Part of the Shire Archaeology series
The vast networks of roads throughout the Roman Empire were vital to the expansion of Roman culture, power and influence across the world and one of their principal uses was the transportation of the Legions to strategic bases in the most direct way possible.
This book details the planning, construction and maintenance of these road networks, and discusses the different types of Roman road found in areas of Britain, and their many uses.
With photographs of surviving roads in Britain and a list of where they are still in use, "Roman Roads" is a perfect introduction to a Roman legacy that exists to this day.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 72 pages, Illustrations (chiefly col.), 1 map
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 10/08/2008
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780747806905