East Yorkshire is ripe with tales of fairy gold and illusive characters.
The county's folklore is engrained in every port, cliff and bridge, passed on through whispered accounts of witches long dead, legends of strange creatures or the bawdy tales of adventuring heroes. Filey Brigg was once a dragon, the people of Skinningrove held a merman captive, and Eskdale's Beggar's Bridge holds a love story in its history.
By night a mysterious traveller stalked Bowes Moor, with a shrivelled Hand of Glory in his grasp ... These engaging stories, brought to life with charming illustrations, will be enjoyed by readers time and again.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 30 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/04/2015
- Category: Folklore, myths & legends
- ISBN: 9780752494456