Wartime Recipes Paperback / softback
A fascinating and nostalgic collection of over 40 wholesome recipes from the Second World WarAt a time of shortages and rationing, the British were challenged with providing nutritious meals daily for the family.
This pocket-sized compendium of recipes is illustrated with contemporary propaganda notices, photographs and advertisements. Dishes such as Scotch Broth, Dumplings, Savoury Onions, Corned Beef Rissoles and Coconut Orange Pudding recall the ingenuity and camaraderie of those wartime days. Look out for more Pitkin Guides on the very best of British history, heritage and travel.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, Spot illustrations throughout
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 29/03/2009
- Category: General cookery & recipes
- ISBN: 9781841652641