The Kwagh-hir Theater : A Weapon for Social Action Paperback / softback
The Kwagh-hir Theater: A Weapon for Social Action represents a significant milestone in the documentation and theorization of non-Western theater.
The book describes how the Tiv people of Nigeria used their indigenous theater to fight against British colonialism and oppression by dominant groups in Nigeria.
It celebrates the power of the theater to give voice to the voiceless and to become a catalyst for positive change.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 286 pages, 10 Halftones, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: University Press of America
- Publication Date: 14/11/2013
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9780761862505
- Hardback from £55.85