The guide focuses on "Archanes" an important archeological site of the Minoan civilisation.
In this guide the archeologists John and Efi Sakellarakis, present the excavations they have conducted in the site. With this guide at hand one can visit the parts of the splendid palace which are preserved amongst the houses of the modern town, the impressive cemetery complex at the neighbouring area Phourni as well as the Anemospilia excavations which have revealed sensational evidence of a human sacrifice.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, Ill.(some col.)
- Publisher: Ekdotike Athenon S.A.
- Publication Date: 01/12/1992
- Category: Travel & holiday guides
- ISBN: 9789602132340