Science and Sustainability : Learning from Indigenous Wisdom Paperback / softback
by J. Hendry
Indigenous peoples have passed down vital knowledge for generations from which local plants help cure common ailments, to which parts of the land are unsuitable for buildings because of earthquakes.
Here, Hendry examines science through these indigenous roots, problematizing the idea that Western science is the only type that deserves that name.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 199 pages, 20 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 199 p. 20 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/12/2014
- Category: Indigenous peoples
- ISBN: 9781137435910
- PDF from £42.49
- Hardback from £63.95