Optimal Time-Domain Noise Reduction Filters : A Theoretical Study Paperback / softback
Part of the SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering series
Additive noise is ubiquitous in acoustics environments and can affect the intelligibility and quality of speech signals.
Therefore, a so-called noise reduction algorithm is required to mitigate the effect of the noise that is picked up by the microphones.
This work proposes a general framework in the time domain for the single and multiple microphone cases, from which it is very convenient to derive, study, and analyze all kind of optimal noise reduction filters.
Not only that all known algorithms can be deduced from this approach, shedding more light on how they function, but new ones can be discovered as well.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 79 pages, 1 Illustrations, color; VII, 79 p. 1 illus. in color.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 20/04/2011
- Category: Coding theory & cryptology
- ISBN: 9783642196003
- PDF from £42.49