The Big Dig : Archaeology and the Jubilee Line Extension Paperback / softback
The Jubilee Line extension runs through Westminster and north Southwark, traversing some of the most archaeologically sensitive areas of London.
The tunnels themselves are so deep that they pass well below any archaeological remains, but there have to be a myriad of holes connecting the tunnels with the surface.
This booklet accompanied by colour photographs gives a basic outline of the archaeological remains uncovered during the construction work, from prehistoric tools to a medieval abbey.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 44 pages, many colour photos and illus
- Publisher: Museum of London Archaeology
- Publication Date: 01/12/1998
- Category: Archaeology by period / region
- ISBN: 9781901992052