Apocalyptic Faith and Political Violence : Prophets of Terror Paperback / softback
This study examines the functional relationship between millenarian-inspired terrorism and the process of political change.
Through an exhaustive investigation of late Twentieth-century movements, Aum Shinrikyo, Sendero Luminoso and Hezbollah, it concludes that in each case, apocalyptic expectations performed a significant group mobilization, leadership and therapeutic function.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 226 pages, V, 226 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/01/2011
- Category: Political science & theory
- ISBN: 9780230108738
- Paperback / softback from £20.85
- Hardback from £51.55