Remote Sensing in Archaeology Paperback / softback
Edited by James R. Wiseman, Farouk El-Baz
Part of the Interdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology series
Archaeology has been transformed by technology that allows one to 'see' below the surface of the earth.
This work illustrates the uses of advanced technology in archaeological investigation.
It deals with hand-held instruments that probe the subsurface of the earth to unveil layering and associated sites; underwater exploration and photography of submerged sites and artifacts; and the utilization of imaging from aircraft and spacecraft to reveal the regional setting of archaeological sites and to assist in cultural resource management.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 554 pages, 3 Tables, black and white; 129 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 554 p. 129 illus. With
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 16/08/2007
- Category: Archaeological methodology & techniques
- ISBN: 9780387446158