As a young girl growing up in Kenya, Wangari was surrounded by trees.
But years later when she returns home, she is shocked to see whole forests being cut down, and she knows that soon all the trees will be destroyed.
So Wangari decides to do something - and starts by planting nine seedlings in her own backyard. And as they grow, so do her plans...
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 32 pages, full colour illustrations throughout
- Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
- Publication Date: 22/08/2008
- Category: Picture books, activity books & early learning material
- ISBN: 9780152065454
- Paperback / softback from £6.45