Mustang Aces of the Eighth Air Force Paperback / softback
by Jerry Scutts
Part of the Osprey Aircraft of the Aces S. series
Combining the power of the Packard-Merlin with a beautifully-designed airframe, the P-51D Mustang was a class above most other piston-engined fighters in the war-torn skies of Germany in the last years of World War II.
This book describes the design and production of the P-51D, and draws on first-hand accounts to chart its combat history in Europe, and to tell the stories of the aces who flew the fighter.
It also includes colour illustrations and cutaways, as well as contemporary photographs.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, photographs, illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 17/10/1994
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781855324473