Fire Resistance in American Heavy Timber Construction : History and Preservation Hardback
by Jesse Heitz
This volume presents ahistory of heavy timber construction (HTC) in the United States, chroniclingnearly two centuries of building history, from inception to a detailed evaluationof one of the best surviving examples of the type, with an emphasis on fireresistance.
The book does not limit itself in scope to serving only as a commonhistory.
Rather, it provides critical analysis of HTC in terms of constructionmethods, design, technical specifications, and historical performance underfire conditions.
As such, this book provides readers with a truly comprehensiveunderstanding and exploration of heavy timber construction in the United Statesand its performance under fire conditions.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 118 pages, 54 Illustrations, color; 22 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 118 p. 76 illus., 54 illu
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 18/06/2016
- Category: Timber & wood processing
- ISBN: 9783319321264
- PDF from £84.58
- Paperback / softback from £98.55