Jill Dudley writes about the arrival on the island from mainland Greece of the goddess Hera, and the great temple built in her honour on Samos.
She gives an account of the life of the sixth century B.C. astronomer and mathematician Pythagoras who lived under the rule of the tyrant Polycrates, and describes the cave where Pythagoras lived and taught.
She also writes about the visit paid to the island of St.
John the Evangelist.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 15 pages, 2 black line drawings
- Publisher: Orpington Publishers
- Publication Date: 03/04/2017
- Category: African history
- ISBN: 9780995578111