Script and Seal Use on Cyprus Paperback / softback
Edited by Joanna S. Smith
Part of the AIA Colloquia & Conference Papers series
This collection of papers explores a range of approaches to the study of ancient Cypriot methods of writing and recording.
The authors are particularly concerned with the context of writing in Cypriot society - from marks on pots to seal stones and inscriptions - who made the markings, who saw them and how they might be interpreted.
These papers foster a more integrated view of the cultural continuities and discontinuities through time and space and among different methods of recording in Cyprus.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, Illustrations, maps
- Publisher: Archaeological Institute of America
- Publication Date: 01/12/2002
- Category: Palaeography (history of writing)
- ISBN: 9780960904273