Methods and Models in Mathematical Biology : Deterministic and Stochastic Approaches Paperback / softback
Part of the Lecture Notes on Mathematical Modelling in the Life Sciences series
This book developed from classes in mathematical biology taught by the authors over several years at the Technische Universitat Munchen.
The main themes are modeling principles, mathematical principles for the analysis of these models and model-based analysis of data.
The key topics of modern biomathematics are covered: ecology, epidemiology, biochemistry, regulatory networks, neuronal networks and population genetics.
A variety of mathematical methods are introduced, ranging from ordinary and partial differential equations to stochastic graph theory and branching processes.
A special emphasis is placed on the interplay between stochastic and deterministic models.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 711 pages, 65 Illustrations, color; 174 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 711 p. 239 illus., 65
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 30/06/2013
- Category: Mathematical modelling
- ISBN: 9783642272509
- PDF from £63.33