Here, John Dedman and Pete Nurse look back on the heyday of the Day Ranger and Rover tickets on the South Coast, covering areas stretching between Portsmouth Harbour and Weymouth Quay. Among the photographs featured here are traditional steam workings in the early 1960s, as well as shots from the eighties that show how the experiences of the rail enthusiast changed so dramatically in the course of a few decades. As well as passenger trains, parcel, freight and special workings that would have been glimpsed by the intrepid rail rover are also featured.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 180 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/02/2019
- Category: Trains & railways: general interest
- ISBN: 9781445680651