Adam Smith's Equality and the Pursuit of Happiness Hardback
by John E. Hill
This book examines Adam Smith's main principles in Wealth of Nations as the basis for effective policymaking.
Adam Smith wanted to increase happiness through this formula for a good life: equality, liberty, and justice.
Free market interpretations of Smith, the book argues, grossly misrepresent his thought, emphasizing only liberty and not also equality and justice.
This book suggests policies that combine all three in order for happiness to be maximized.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 252 pages, XIV, 252 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/08/2016
- Category: Political science & theory
- ISBN: 9781137590473
- Paperback / softback from £88.95
- PDF from £76.08