Anyone who fly-fishes Montana-or plans to-should own a copy of this useful guide.
Fly fishing expert John Holt has compiled a complete inventory of Montana's fly-fishing waters, moving across the state, drainage by drainage, devoting plenty of space to the main river of each watershed as well as the many tributaries, small streams, reservoirs, and alpine lakes that frequently get left out of other guidebooks.
The maps are large and easy to use, and the fishing descriptions cover seasonal variations, river conditions, and preferred fly patterns.
Also included are travel suggestions, river access, etiquette and rules, and a hatch chart.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages, 33 Maps; 85 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 01/04/2015
- Category: Fishing, angling
- ISBN: 9780762796823
- PDF from £23.95
- Paperback / softback from £12.39