Villages Paperback / softback
by John Updike
Owen Mackenzie's life story abounds with sin and seduction, domesticity and debauchery.
His marriage to his college sweetheart is quickly followed by his first betrayal and he embarks upon a series of affairs. His pursuit of happiness, in a succession of small towns from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts, brings him to the edge of chaos, from which he is saved by a rescue that carries its own fatal price.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 23/02/2006
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780141020143
- Paperback / softback from £7.69
- EPUB from £2.99