The Edwardian Farm Paperback / softback
Part of the Shire Library series
The Edwardian period is often seen as something of a gilded age; war would imminently remove hundreds of thousands of men from the labour force, and instigate progress to mechanize.
Illustrated with a wealth of archive material, this book tells the story of farming in Britain in the early years of the twentieth century - an age of horse, steam and intensive labour.
Looking at the structure of farming and its output, alongside the lives of the people who worked the land, this is a fascinating picture of British agriculture at a turning point in history.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 56 pages, Illustrations (some col.)
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 17/08/2010
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780747808077