Sailing Alone Around the World Paperback / softback
Part of the Adlard Coles Maritime Classics series
Joshua Slocum's epic solo voyage around the world in 1895 in the 37 foot sloop Spray stands as one of the greatest sea adventures of all time.
It remains one of the major feats of singlehanded voyaging, and has since been the inspiration for the many who have gone to sea in small boats. Starting from Boston in 1895, by the time he dropped anchor in Newport, Rhode Island over three years after his journey began, he had cruised some 46,000 miles entirely by sail and entirely alone.
Slocum's account of his voyage is a classic of sailing literature, acclaimed as an unequalled masterpiece of vital yet disciplined prose. It will be welcomed by admirers of his legendary achievement.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, New maps and classic black and white line drawings
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 13/08/2015
- Category: Sailing
- ISBN: 9781472921918
- Paperback / softback from £6.05
- eAudiobook MP3 from £14.24
- Hardback from £17.95
- Paperback from £8.84
- EPUB from £5.49