Funds of Knowledge in Higher Education : Honoring Students' Cultural Experiences and Resources as Strengths Paperback / softback
Refining and building on the concept in a sophisticated and multidisciplinary way, this book uses a funds of knowledge approach and connects it to other key conceptual frameworks in education to examine issues related to the access and transition to college, college persistence and success, and pedagogies in higher education.
Research on funds of knowledge has become a standard reference to signal a sociocultural orientation in education that seeks to build strategically on the experiences, resources, and knowledge of families and children, especially those from low-income communities of color.
Challenging existing deficit thinking in the field, the contribution of this unique and timely book is to apply this concept to and map future work on funds of knowledge in higher education.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, 2 Line drawings, black and white; 8 Tables, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 03/08/2017
- Category: Bilingualism & multilingualism
- ISBN: 9781138213890