Over 330 clear color photos display the wide array of equipment once used to log high timber that are now eminently collectible, including axes, saws, filing tools, springboards, oil bottles, undercutters, wedges, marlin spikes, drag saws, and venerable chainsaws.
Historical photos display towering giants of old growth forests where loggers toiled decades ago.
An informative text provides useful information on cleaning and preserving the antique logging tools, descriptions of them, values, and a bibliography.
This book will be treasured by all who share a fascination for logging as it was done by the lumberjack, bucker, and high climber.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 333 color & 12 b/w photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/07/2007
- Category: Antiques & collectables
- ISBN: 9780764327407