Between Empires : Marti, Rizal, and the Intercolonial Alliance Hardback
Part of the New Caribbean Studies series
In 1898, both Cuba and the Philippines achieved their independence from Spain and then immediately became targets of US expansionism.
This book presents a comparative analysis of late-nineteenth-century literature and history in Cuba and the Philippines, focusing on the writings of Jose Marti and Jose Rizal to reveal shared anti-imperial struggles.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 187 pages, X, 187 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/11/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137332950
- Paperback / softback from £51.55