(Re)Constructing Maternal Performance in Twentieth-Century American Drama Hardback
Part of the What is Theatre? series
Looking at a century of American theatre, McDaniel investigates how race-based notions of maternal performance become sites of resistance to cultural and political hierarchies.
This book considers how the construction of mothering as universally women's work obscures additional, equally constructed subdivisions based in race and class.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 227 pages, XI, 227 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/09/2013
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9781137299567
- PDF from £52.69
- Paperback / softback from £48.25