Hydrodynamic Limits of the Boltzmann Equation Paperback / softback
Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics series
The aim of this book is to present some mathematical results describing the transition from kinetic theory, and, more precisely, from the Boltzmann equation for perfect gases to hydrodynamics. Different fluid asymptotics will be investigated, starting always from solutions of the Boltzmann equation which are only assumed to satisfy the estimates coming from physics, namely some bounds on mass, energy and entropy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 194 pages, 9 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 194 p. 9 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 01/02/2009
- Category: Differential calculus & equations
- ISBN: 9783540928461
- PDF from £34.84