Does Policy Analysis Matter? : Exploring Its Effectiveness in Theory and Practice Paperback / softback
Edited by Lee S. Friedman
Part of the Wildavsky Forum Series series
How well can democratic decision making incorporate the knowledge and expertise generated by public policy analysts?
This book examines the historical development of policy analysis, as well as its use in legislative and regulatory bodies and in the federal executive branch.
The essays show that policy-analytic expertise effectively improves governmental services only when it complements democratic decision making.
When successful, policy analysis fosters valuable new ideas, better use of evidence, and greater transparency in decision processes.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 215 pages, 8 tables, 9 b-w line art, scattered
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 18/04/2017
- Category: Public administration
- ISBN: 9780520287402