European Counter-Terrorist Units 1972-2017 Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Adam (Illustrator) Hook
Part of the Elite series
The Munich Olympics massacre in 1972 was a shock awakening to the public.
In the decades since, European countries have faced a wide range of threats from Palestinian and home-grown terrorists, to the more recent world-wide jihadists.
The threats they pose are widespread from aircraft hi-jacking and political assassinations to urban warfare against security forces, and murderous attacks on civilian crowd targets, forcing governments have had to invest ever-greater efforts in countering these threats. This book traces the evolution of police (and associated military) counter-terrorist forces across Europe over the past 45 years.
Using specially commissioned artwork and contemporary photographs, it details their organization, missions, specialist equipment, and their growing cross-border co-operation.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, Will illustrate a wide range of uniforms, specialist weapons and personal equipment, and r
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 19/10/2017
- Category: Military history: post WW2 conflicts
- ISBN: 9781472825278