Scottish Fairy Belief Paperback / softback
This book, the first modern study of the subject, examines the history and nature of fairy belief, the major themes and motifs, the demonising attack upon the tradition, and the attempted reinstatement of the reality of fairies at the end of the seventeenth century, as well as their place in ballads and in Scottish literature.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 252 pages, 8pp b/w plates
- Publisher: John Donald Publishers Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/02/2007
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781904607588