The Country Garage Paperback / softback
Part of the Shire Library series
The advent of the internal combustion engine brought many changes to society, the most neglected of which is arguably the garages built throughout Britain to serve motor vehicles, which revolutionised rural life.
Yet, for all the fame attached to the now well known heroes of early motoring, their exploits depended upon the energy and elbow grease of the early garage mechanic, and the petrol served on the forecourt by his wife from a hand-cranked pump.
This book is a reminder of those days and of those men and women who held the tools to the motor industry's success.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 32 pages, illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 10/09/2010
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9780852637111