How to Go to Work : The honest advice no one ever tells you at the start of your career EPUB
The definitive careers guide for starting out in today's working world
It's tougher than ever to get the fundamental skills you need to get started and thrive in your career.
Whether you are on your first Saturday shift, about to start an apprenticeship or climbing the leadership ladder, this is your indispensable guide to surviving and thriving at work.
Find out what really matters in getting hired for your first job and how to make the best start in your new role. Drawing on the collective wisdom of CEOs, creatives, scientists, activists and professionals in every industry, this is all you need to know about how to go to work.
From dealing with your mistakes to celebrating your successes, from making an impression on day one to building your resilience and protecting your values, How to Go to Work is packed full of all the vital advice you need to jump-start your fledgling career.
This vital practical guide will show you how to:
- Find the right work experience and internships to get you through the door
- Present your best self online and in person
- Gain confidence, authority and resilience and thrive in your role
- Navigate the ups and downs of starting your first or second job and help you make progress in your career
From office etiquette and how to make the most of any placement, to employment rights, how to deal with toxic workplaces, pensions and negotiating pay rises, How To Go To Work is the essential guide for anyone embarking upon or consolidating their career.
- Paperback / softback from £8.85
- eAudiobook MP3 from £10.40