Governing Risk : Care and Control in Contemporary Social Work Hardback
by M. Hardy
Drawing on Foucault's later work on governmentality, this book traces the effects of 'the rise of risk' on contemporary social work practice.
Focusing on two 'domains' of practice - mental health social work and probation work - it analyses the ways in which risk thinking has affected social work's aims and objectives, methods and approaches.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 221 pages, VI, 221 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/01/2015
- Category: Care of the mentally ill
- ISBN: 9780230364158
- PDF from £57.79
- Paperback / softback from £53.79