Womanism against Socially Constructed Matriarchal Images : A Theoretical Model toward a Therapeutic Goal Hardback
by M. Hill
Part of the Black Religion/Womanist Thought/Social Justice series
This book stems from a concern to assist pastoral counsellors in developing a therapeutic alliance with African-American women.
It focuses on the social construct of the African-American matriarch, which can easily misinform the counsellor and cause emotional jeopardy for African-American women who attempt to live up to its expectations.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 167 pages, XV, 167 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/04/2012
- Category: Christian counselling
- ISBN: 9780230340657
- PDF from £55.24
- Paperback / softback from £57.45