Textile Traditions of Mesoamerica and the Andes : An Anthology Paperback / softback
In this volume, anthropologists, art historians, fiber artists, and technologists come together to explore the meanings, uses, and fabrication of textiles in Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia from Precolumbian times to the present. Originally published in 1991 by Garland Publishing, the book grew out of a 1987 symposium held in conjunction with the exhibit "Costume as Communication: Ethnographic Costumes and Textiles from Middle America and the Central Andes of South America" at the Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology, Brown University.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 527 pages, 61 b&w photos, 31 figures
- Publisher: University of Texas Press
- Publication Date: 30/11/1995
- Category: Textile artworks
- ISBN: 9780292777149