Historical Perspectives on the State of Health and Health Systems in Africa, Volume I : The Pre-Colonial and Colonial Eras Hardback
Part of the African Histories and Modernities series
This book examines the historical and current state of health and the health of the African people, including the Arab North, impacted by such factors as geography and natural elements, cultural and colonial traditions, and competing biomedical and traditional systems.
It also looks at technological advances, poverty and health disparities, utilization of resources, and international presence, as reflected by the work of the World Health Organization, and structural adjustments imposed by the IMF and the World Bank.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 382 pages, 10 Illustrations, black and white; XXIII, 382 p. 10 illus.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 07/02/2017
- Category: African history
- ISBN: 9783319324609
- Paperback / softback from £98.55
- EPUB from £84.58