Totality : Eclipses of the Sun Paperback / softback
A total eclipse of the Sun is the most awesome sight in the heavens. Totality: Eclipses of the Sun takes you to eclipses of the past, present, and future, and lets you see - and feel - why people travel to the ends of the Earth to observe them. Totality: Eclipses of the Sun is the best guide and reference book on solar eclipses ever written.
It explains: how to observe them; how to photograph and videotape them; why they occur; their history and mythology; and future eclipses - when and where to see themTotality also tells the remarkable story of how eclipses shocked scientists, revealed the workings of the Sun, and made Einstein famous. And the book shares the experiences and advice of many veteran eclipse observers. Totality: Eclipses of the Sun is profusely illustrated with stunning photographs (many in color) and more than a hundred maps and diagrams. It can be read by lay people and astronomers with ease and enjoyment.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 361 pages, 16 pages of colour plates, 75 b+w halftones, 105 b+w line drawings
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 01/04/2009
- Category: Astronomical observation: observatories, equipment & methods
- ISBN: 9780199565528