English Passengers Paperback / softback
'A big, ambitious novel with a rich historical sweep and a host of narrative voices.
Its subject is a vicar's ludicrous expedition in 1857 to the Garden of Eden in Tasmania, [as] meanwhile, in Tasmania itself, the British settlers are alternately trying to civilise and eliminate the Aboriginal population ...
The sort of novel that few contemporary writers have either the imagination or the stamina to sustain' - Daily Telegraph
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 480 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/01/2001
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780140285215
- EPUB from £4.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £6.80