A Counter-History of Crime Fiction : Supernatural, Gothic, Sensational Paperback / softback
Part of the Crime Files series
This book takes a look at the evolution of crime fiction.
Considering 'criminography' as a system of inter-related sub-genres, it explores the connections between modes of literature such as revenge tragedies, the gothic and anarchist fiction, while taking into account the influence of pseudo-sciences such as mesmerism and criminal anthropology.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 222 pages, XV, 222 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/09/2007
- Category: Literary essays
- ISBN: 9780230594623
- PDF from £28.04
- Hardback from £67.59