World Encyclopedia of Musical Instruments Paperback / softback
The art of music-making has existed for thousands of years.
This fascinating book begins with a history of music-making, posing the questions "What is music?" and "What is a musical instrument?".
A visual directory is organized according to families of instruments: strings, woodwind and brass, percussion and keyboards, as well as a section on the voice.
Comprehensively written and beautifully illustrated with over 450 photographs, the book covers a wide range of instruments and their historical relatives.
It also provides a complete history of music-making and the orchestra, making it an indispensable reference for music lovers everywhere.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, Over 450 photographs
- Publisher: Anness Publishing
- Publication Date: 08/09/2017
- Category: Musical instruments & instrumental ensembles
- ISBN: 9781846814754