This volume brings together a series of essays that interrogate the notion of figuration in Indian cinemas.
The essays collectively argue that the figures which exhibit maximum tenacity in Indian cinema often emerge in the interface of recognizable binaries: self/other, Indian/foreign, good/bad, virtue/vice, myth/reality and urban/rural.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 292 pages, X, 292 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/10/2013
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230291799
- Paperback / softback from £48.25