Eastern Philosophy: Teach Yourself : A guide to the wisdom and traditions of thought of India and the Far East EPUB
by Mel Thompson
Part of the Teach Yourself series
Teach Yourself Eastern Philosophy examines key ideas that developed within the ancient civilisations of India and China. It presents a range of philosophies that both inform discussion of personal, moral and social issues and address the fundamental questions about the nature of reality and the place and purpose of human life within it.
From the erotic images of Tantra to the simple precision of Zen, and from the social order in traditional Confucian teaching to the rich variety of Hindu ideas and lifestyles, Teach Yourself Eastern Philosophy provides a feast of ideas of universal relevance.
Teach Yourself Eastern Philosophy:
- Looks at the ethical and social implications of Eastern philosophy.
- Gives key terms in their original language with full explananations.
- Points to parallels with Western thought, where appropriate.
- Provides essential background information for appreciating the religions of India and the Far East.
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 256 pages
- Publisher: John Murray Press
- Publication Date: 29/06/2012
- Category: Non-Western philosophy
- ISBN: 9781444157611
- Paperback / softback from £8.79