If the Paintings Could Talk Paperback / softback
If the Paintings Could Talk reveals the hidden histories of paintings in the National Gallery, London.
With a treasury of fascinating facts, discoveries, and tales, this book describes the flight a work took down a mountainside and the portrait that appeared in a James Bond film, among many other entertaining events and stories.
An engaging, accessible, and highly original gallery guide that cross-references entries throughout, the book provides a unique tour of this remarkable collection.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, 168 color illus.
- Publisher: National Gallery Company Ltd
- Publication Date: 04/11/2008
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9781857094251