The History of Sexuality: 1 : The Will to Knowledge Paperback / softback
Why has there been such an explosion of discussion about sex in the west since the 17th century?
Here, one of France's greatest intellectuals explores the evolving social, economic and political forces that have shaped our attitudes to sex.
In a book that is at once controversial and seductive, Foucault describes how we are in the process of making a science of sex which is devoted to the analysis of desire rather than the increase of pleasure.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 29/10/1998
- Category: History of ideas
- ISBN: 9780140268683
- Paperback / softback from £8.39
- EPUB from £5.49