This is the first full-length account of the history and working practices of Amsterdam's Mickery Theater.
Between 1965 and 1991 under its noted director Ritsaert ten Cate, Mickery became renowned worldwide for promoting and presenting significant international alternative theatre companies including La Mama, Tenjo Sajiki and the Wooster Group, and for staging its own innovative productions.
Combining archival research, oral history, field observation, and drawing on personal accounts of key participants, the book illuminates the singular importance of Mickery, while evoking the unique atmosphere of both the building and the art that it nurtured.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 312 pages, 50 black and white illustrations
- Publisher: Amsterdam University Press
- Publication Date: 20/05/2011
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9789089643117