Creole Testimonies : Slave Narratives from the British West Indies, 1709-1838 Paperback / softback
by N. Aljoe
Part of the The New Urban Atlantic series
Analyses the relationships among the socio-historical contexts, generic forms, and rhetorical strategies of British West Indian slave narratives.
Grounded by the syncretic theories of creolisation and testimonio it breaks new ground by reading these dictated and fragmentary narratives on their own terms as examples of 'creole testimony'.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 185 pages, XII, 185 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/12/2011
- Category: Literary studies: post-colonial literature
- ISBN: 9781349341108
- Hardback from £60.45
- PDF from £51.84