Neuroimaging of Traumatic Brain Injury Hardback
The main purpose of this book is to present emerging neuroimaging data in order to define the role of primary and secondary structural and hemodynamic disturbances in different phases of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to analyze the potential of diffusion tensor MRI, tractography and CT perfusion imaging in evaluating the dynamics of TBI.
The authors present a new MRI classification of brain stem and hemispheric cortical/subcortical damage localization that is of significant prognostic value.
New data are provided regarding the pathogenesis and dynamics of diffuse and focal brain injuries and qualitative and quantitative changes in the brain white matter tracts.
It is shown that diffuse axonal injury can be considered a clinical model of multidimensional "split brain" with commissural, association and projection fiber disorders.
The book will be of interest for neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and others with an interest in the subject.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 159 pages, 53 Illustrations, color; 14 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 159 p. 67 illus., 53 ill
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 04/03/2014
- Category: Neurology & clinical neurophysiology
- ISBN: 9783319043548
- Paperback / softback from £38.75
- PDF from £39.94