Leadership and Coherence : A Cognitive Approach Hardback
Part of the Leadership: Research and Practice series
Leadership and Coherence investigates how leaders justify their decisions, and how they bring about coherence amongst followers.
Taking a cognitive approach, it builds on the work of Hannah Arendt to attempt a phenomenology of judgment, examining how the moral imperative experienced by leaders can be shared by their community so both leader and led are guided by a mutual purpose.
Through biographical case studies of historical leaders, this book illustrates how successful leaders operate in a turbulent world, not only making their own decisions but also gathering likeminded followers to share in a common vision and shared sense of purpose.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 186 pages, 3 Line drawings, black and white; 2 Halftones, black and white; 5 Illustrations, black an
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 28/07/2014
- Category: Political leaders & leadership
- ISBN: 9781848725553
- EPUB from £36.89
- PDF from £36.89
- Paperback / softback from £37.09