The classic look of film noir portraits was iconic to the 1930s and 1940s - the use of light, shadows and styling created a timeless look that is as popular today as ever. This practical book explains how to take photos and use lights to create powerful portraits typical of this time. With over 100 photographs, it covers the equipment needed; explores the types of images that are classed as film noir; shares tips and tricks to improve your images; guides you through the lighting set-ups in detail; recreates some classic film noir images and ideas, and finally, explains how to shoot film noir images inside and outside on location.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 114 colour photographs
- Publisher: The Crowood Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 22/07/2019
- Category: Photography & photographs
- ISBN: 9781785006074