Gambiteer Paperback / softback
by Nigel Davies
* Are you fearless in your approach to chess openings? --- * Do you like to attack your opponents from the very beginning?--- * Are you happy to take calculated risks? --- * Do you loathe trivial positional chess? --- * Do you feel the need to sacrifice pawns early in the game? --- * Are you a Gambiteer? ----- If the answer to these questions is 'Yes'! then these are the books for you. ----- In this two volume book, published together for the first time, opening expert Nigel Davies produces a complete repertoire which is certainly not for the fainted-hearted: uncompromising and wild attacking ideas for both colours.
The first volume deals with a gambit style approach for White; the second volume concentrates on an ambitious Black repertoire.
All of the opening lines Davies advocates in Volume 1 lead to positions of open warfare, where sharp, tactical play completely dominates dreary positional sacrifices.
In Volume 2, Davies produces an ambitious and uncompromising repertoire for Black.
His two main choices are the Albin Counter Gambit and the Schlieman Gambit, the pick of the crop having been tried and tested by some of the World's most inventive players.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages
- Publisher: Everyman Chess
- Publication Date: 01/04/2017
- Category: Chess
- ISBN: 9781781943915
- Paperback / softback from £10.59